SHERINGHAM 40s WEEKEND
- Step back in time at the annual Sheringham 40s Weekend took place over the weekend of 15th & 16th September 2018 and was by far the biggest and popular live event in the North Norfolk Railway Calendar. Step back in time to the days of the blitz, rationing and utility clothing.
Over the years this event has attracted more and more visitors and more and more exhibitors. It is widely felt to be one of the best events of its type in the country. People who attended last year were booking accommodation before they left as they enjoyed it so much!
- The singing of American Tan & Timescape, air raids, the Sheringham Salvation Army Band, Nostalgia Unlimited and gramophone music.
- Wartime rations, tea, together with spam sandwiches, from the NAAFI at Weybourne.
- A Cup of Char’ and a Wad’ from the Institute tea rooms at Holt.
- Jitterbug dancers, re-enactment groups, a collection of 1940s vehicles and veteran and vintage bicycles.
- The excitement, fear, hope, and bravery of the Blitz.
- The golden age of steam.
All in all, experience a very British weekend!
If you wish to attend next year book early at the Sherringham North Norfolk Railway General Office and at their Online Shop, Discounted advance tickets are available up to 1 week before the event. For further information visit the website - North Norfolk Railway - www.nnrailway.co.uk